The Tamil Trust International works together with NGO`s in different countries worldwide formally to coordinate our activities to help youths in war affected areas in Sri Lanka to enable to have an honorable income source to earn basic needs of livelihood through education and vocational training skills. Youth Unemployment coupled with Skills Shortage. Batticaloa district in Eastern Province of Sri Lanka, is a place where youth unemployment rates are very high, with rates in commercial capitals even higher. At the same time, businesses across the region, employers complain that they cannot find enough skilled entry-level workers, given the low quality of education systems. We believe there is an opportunity to up-skill Tamil youths for employment job-creating industries and, at a system level, level out the playing field such that youth can be recruited based on their industry-specific skill sets rather than their connections or paper qualifications (which the most disadvantaged youths do not have).
Key Project Goals
- Promoting literacy rates specifically for girls and women
- Specialized skills and vocational training to increase employment and opportunity for all citizens
- Financial independence for women
- Health and wellness programs
- Preservation of culture
- Model how educational resources can transform a community